Sign in to follow this  

What do you use to clean your classic?

I just normally use turtlewax shampoo and wax for the wash.

If I am to spend all day on it I normally use Meguiars clay stuff, it really is worth the money. I feel a numpty rubbing clay on my car but it just comes up so smooth, like glass.

It would be nice to get to that stage....unfortunately with one of mine all the body panels are stacked up and were sprayed with fine oil so they were preserved for the winters when I dismantled the 1977 Fiesta 2 years ago for a full rebuild in order to sort out the seriously rotting floor panels and strip the chassis.

Rebuild on its way.....when Summer really arrives.....polishing> oh thats a long way off yet.......

but on the others, a bit of paint touching up to do before I can consider a proper polish....bit of rust around wheel arches on one and front wing on the other, and until those areas are sorted, nothing else can be done really.

SUMMER....COME HERE!!!!!!!

T-Cut works wonders for shining up dull paint. Hard work if you have not got a powered polisher though. Autoglym Wax is by far the best product, a bit pricey but it does the best job.

i use mer it is good stuff but a bit expensive and it smells nice and brings up a nice shine i do it neat all over then polish then use a cap full for washing then just leather it off then polish

Autoglym Wax is by far the best product, a bit pricey but it does the best job.

I use Autoglym on the metro brings out a really good shine, also use a good range of other autoglym products always found them to be the best for me.

Not all of the Autoglym stuff is that good. The wax is by far the best you can get and the leather cleaner is very good as well.

Not all of the Autoglym stuff is that good. The wax is by far the best you can get and the leather cleaner is very good as well.

I suppose that can be down to the individuals choice and how well you get on and adapt to certain products, whats right for one application might be a disaster for another, to be honest I've never had a problem with Autoglym stuff used it for years and always got satisfactory results with it.

our lass she does all the washing in our house, I cant be bothered to do house work it is a womens thing is that.

our lass she does all the washing in our house, I cant be bothered to do house work it is a womens thing is that.

House work whats that ? were talking about car work :D

Used the three stage meguiars stuff the other day with a buffer. It is really good and makes the car ultra smooth, and also removes the swirl marks which have developed over the years.