View Full Version : Help with JSA appeal?

cardoor
06-06-2012, 15:41
My JSA has been sanctioned for 2 weeks because I didn't apply for a job which stated certain qualifications are ESSENTIAL.

As i don't have these ESSENTIAL qualifications i didn't apply, but the DWP said this isn't fulfilling my JSA agreement therefore the sanction was implemented :loopy:

You can't get hardship or a crisis loan either if youir JSA's sanctioned, so now panicking as i need money to live so i can buy food, electricity and toiletries.

I'm definitely going to appeal but been ringing all day to try and speak to someone at CAB to book an appointment, or anyone who can help with these matters? :help:

Rich
06-06-2012, 16:13
Don't ring Job Centre Plus about it, I know from painful experience that they're about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and that's putting it politely.

If you can get through to the CAB I'd definitely go that route.

Bladette11
06-06-2012, 16:16
Try Tinsley Advice Centre a guy called Peter is very good, attended an appeal tribunal for my sister and won her claim she got all her money back and backdated too.

Convict Edd
06-06-2012, 16:19
My JSA has been sanctioned for 2 weeks because I didn't apply for a job which stated certain qualifications are ESSENTIAL.

As i don't have these ESSENTIAL qualifications i didn't apply, but the DWP said this isn't fulfilling my JSA agreement therefore the sanction was implemented :loopy:

You can't get hardship or a crisis loan either if youir JSA's sanctioned, so now panicking as i need money to live so i can buy food, electricity and toiletries.

I'm definitely going to appeal but been ringing all day to try and speak to someone at CAB to book an appointment, or anyone who can help with these matters? :help:

You should have just applied.
Jump through the hoops they give you no matter how seemingly pointless.
Until you get a job they own you and boy do they like to show it.

Lynchee
06-06-2012, 16:26
You should have just applied.
Jump through the hoops they give you no matter how seemingly pointless.
Until you get a job they own you and boy do they like to show it.

...or just said you'd applied. What a gutter :mad:

chem1st
06-06-2012, 16:28
Surely you can get hardship payment?

Convict Edd
06-06-2012, 16:31
...or just said you'd applied. What a gutter :mad:

Well yes they could have said they'd applied but wouldn't the jobcentre check?

Happ Hazzard
06-06-2012, 16:33
Was the job one they'd said you had to apply for?

Lynchee
06-06-2012, 16:37

I don't think they do...there are so many people out there applying for jobs and hearing naff all, (not even a "I'm sorry, you were unsuccessful") they couldn't possibly check up on everyone

Bypassblade
06-06-2012, 16:37

If the job was through the jobcentre it will have a list of all people put forward for the job, and the result of interview/attendance/non attendance. If you are single you will have more luck nailing custard to the wall, than getting hardship .

You get turned down for a C/L because of the sanction, you must appeal & it has to be within 28 days of the decision. The jobcentre are following rules put in place by the government, they are not set by them.

Disco.Magnet
06-06-2012, 18:29
hardship payments are not paid for the first 2 weeks of a sanction.

so hardship is not an option.

soz

Bypassblade
06-06-2012, 18:40

soz

Yes you're right, but then you'll only get it if you come under the banner of vulnerable group, as I said regarding being single. I notice C/L mentioned it will be interesting when they go, what will people do (serious question)??:)

chem1st
06-06-2012, 18:45

soz

Put in for it and get the charity food vouchers at the same time...

If all else goes to tits up, you have some food to pass the 2weeks, and then your sorted.

cardoor
07-06-2012, 09:05
Was the job one they'd said you had to apply for?

http://www.greatsocialcare.co.uk/social-work-jobs/182649/qualified-social-worker---older-persons.html?ref=indeed&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

Never ever trained or worked with a social worker, all I did once back in 2006was do some admin work for one via an agency.

cardoor
07-06-2012, 09:05
Put in for it and get the charity food vouchers at the same time...

If all else goes to tits up, you have some food to pass the 2weeks, and then your sorted.

How do you get food vouchers?

cardoor
07-06-2012, 09:13
Try Tinsley Advice Centre a guy called Peter is very good, attended an appeal tribunal for my sister and won her claim she got all her money back and backdated too.

They can only help Tinsley residents, can't get an appointment for the love of money at my local advice centre.:help:

molly44
07-06-2012, 09:15
How do you get food vouchers?

i think that your local Gp has to put you forward to the charity that runs the food distribution, centre. i know its down pitsmoor way. i think on carlise street somewhere.

cardoor
07-06-2012, 09:16
^^ Criminals are treated better in this country than job seekers.

molly44
07-06-2012, 09:17
link here....https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=111130270486075675880.00048aa53ae68ca28799a&z=6

cardoor
07-06-2012, 09:21
link here....https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=111130270486075675880.00048aa53ae68ca28799a&z=6

Tahnks for that map link Molly, I know exactly where the Christian Rock centre is now on Carlisle street.

bestford
07-06-2012, 11:32
It's crackers! :loopy:
My eldest has just had her JSA stopped for the same reason.

The letter she received looks as though they have stopped it until Sept but maybe they just haven't worded it well - she's going to try and call them today.

Doesn't seem to matter that she's been jumping through all the hoops, and more, since she started signing on - attending courses and taking train and bus journeys in an attempt to find work further afield!

Ridiculous thing is that she was in the process of re-locating to give herself a better chance but looks like that has gone through the window as she's pretty good at living on next to nothing but, to the best of my knowledge, no-one can live on fresh air!:huh:

cardoor
07-06-2012, 18:52
It's crackers! :loopy:
My eldest has just had her JSA stopped for the same reason.

The letter she received looks as though they have stopped it until Sept but maybe they just haven't worded it well - she's going to try and call them today.

Doesn't seem to matter that she's been jumping through all the hoops, and more, since she started signing on - attending courses and taking train and bus journeys in an attempt to find work further afield!

Ridiculous thing is that she was in the process of re-locating to give herself a better chance but looks like that has gone through the window as she's pretty good at living on next to nothing but, to the best of my knowledge, no-one can live on fresh air!:huh:

BEWARE JSA Claimants
Yep, at Cavendish Court there is a guy called Andy who deliberately doesn't submit enough information about your job seeking activities, or in my case tells you to apply for a jobs which require ESSENTIAL qualifications you don't have.

cardoor
07-06-2012, 18:55
i think that your local Gp has to put you forward to the charity that runs the food distribution, centre. i know its down pitsmoor way. i think on carlise street somewhere.

Christian Rock Centre isn't open yet,

After running around today I've found the easiest and only answer to get a food parcel is to simply go to the Archer Project and tell them you're homeless.

Rich
07-06-2012, 19:13
BEWARE JSA Claimants
Yep, at Cavendish Court there is a guy called Andy who deliberately doesn't submit enough information about your job seeking activities, or in my case tells you to apply for a jobs which require ESSENTIAL qualifications you don't have.

The guy is clearly an idiot.

Did he work at Hillsborough Job Centre about 14 years ago? If so I probably encountered him.

Mummytwo
07-06-2012, 19:38
BEWARE JSA Claimants

MY bf encountered him. He caused him so much trouble and got his JSA stopped over 10 times, simply because he gave him jobs he couldn't apply for due to not having correct qualifications, and said he was not properly looking for work. When I know he was because I helped. The guy is useless.

Anarchon
07-06-2012, 20:26
Cardoor

I think before CAB would get formally involved in your case, you would need to exhaust the DWP benefit appeals process. There is, of course, nothing to stop you from contacting them for initial advice etc.

Appealing a JSA sanction is usually a two step process. Contact your Jobcentre office and explain the situation. Tell them that you want to have the sanction decision reconsidered. You may get put through to the Benefits Processing Centre dealing with your claim. A reconsideration means exactly that - the adviser or their manager or someone in the benefits office will reconsider the decision. If the decision is the same (i.e. sanction), then you need to request that it goes to formal appeal. In the case of a formal appeal, you will be invited to present all your evidence via a filled in form as to why you think you shouldn't have been sanctioned. All the evidence will be considered by a DWP decision maker located in another office. If they agree that the evidence before them merits no sanction decision, then your money will be backdated, your payments will be reinstated.

If the decision is still that a sanction period applies, then you can make a further appeal to the The Social Security and Child Support Appeals Tribunal. This is the point at which CAB would usually get involved. It would also mean attending in person in front of a three member panel and explaining the situation.

I hope this is helpful for you. Full information can be found on the Directgov website (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/BeginnersGuideToBenefits/DG_10013949).

Good luck! :)

CatsEyes4Eva
06-07-2012, 22:10
I have had all this with the Job Centre as well so you have my upmost sympathy having to deal with some of those brain dead crettins that work at the Job Centre. I have appealed many times as I have been turned down for benefit, lied to by the Job Centre and messed about it`s disgusting people do not choose to be in the situation of having to claim benefits it is circumstances but the DWP make you feel guilty for claiming all they have done is try to blackmail me since I first started claiming in 2010.

I finally got something in March 2010, in July 2010 they sent me a letter saying I was no longer entitled to JSA after 6 months, because of how much tax I had paid, yet I have worked for 10 years, it was because I was only working 20 hours in both my jobs previous to being on benefit two seperate jobs, but before this I had worked full time so paid full tax then, I did not agree with this and have argrued that is should go on how much tax you pay throughout your life, I think if you work 30 years or more you should get the most, and a little bit less if you have worked 20 years, 10 years, 5 years, 2 and half years 1 year, 6 months those who have not worked at all should get the least.

To me this would create a fairer and a better system, with the Government it seems to be a one way street they want everyone to pay taxes yet don`t expect anything back if you need help when you unlike others have paid in. It angers me because I have spoken to people and know of people who have worked longer than I have and found themselves claiming and got no help from the DWP and just got grilled about their personal finances by the Job Centre, and have been like me treated unfairly which to me is wrong. I also know alot of people where I live who have not worked for years, seem to think being on benefits is a career and are going to continue expoliting the tax payer.

We all know people like this why are the Government not doing anything about these people who are exploiting and working the system for their own personal gains. The Government does not like treating these people like common criminals, oh no they just keep giving these people more benefits for their children because they do not have a choice as the children born need feeding and clothing and have to live it is not the children`s fault but irresponsible parents who continue to breed continuing the cycle of poverty and living on benefits as sadly that is all some people know what gets me so mad when they treat honest, hardworking people like they are doing wrong when they are just claiming what they are entitled to, as others are but what I don`t understand about the so called system is they go on about what you as an individual have paid in yet there have been people claiming for years who have never ever paid in and never will yet these are the people who the Government want to help time and time again not the hardworking tax payer who has paid in, it`s unfortunately a vicious cycle and when it`s the Government you are dealing with you will never win.

CatsEyes4Eva
06-07-2012, 22:47
The Job Centre just as much admitted when I went that if I had children it would be easier for me to claim, what does that say about their so called system??. The first thing the advisor asked me was if I had a child or children I asked why?? why?? does that matter?? I should be entitled anyway irregardless of if I came in here pushing a pram or had a child with me that really got my back up.

They failed to tell me I was entitled to claim Working Tax Credit the advisor was very rude to me so I complained about her. I was sick to death of being treated like this by them, a bit after I stopped receiving benefit they sent me a letter saying that JSA was taxable and I had, had £723.00 in JSA and that they would be dedudcting it from me in tax if I should find a job between the next tax period. Luckily I did not as I sent them another colourfully worded complaint letter, I recieved a pathetic excuse of a reply justifying this disgusting letter since when has JSA been taxable?? I was not the only one to receive a letter like this disgusting just disgusting another showing up for David Cameron and his fantastic Britain.

I wanted to try and get on a training course recently to get back into work, so went to a local training provider who said I would need a JSA agreement to get the funding. While I was there I thought I would ask about signing on again, I was told I was not entitled to sign but I could have my NI paid, what good is that hen you are struggling to live?? I realise that it would help me when I am a pensioner if my NI is paid so I have no gaps but I stated that by the time my husband and I are pensioners with the way this country is headed there won`t be such a thing as state pension.

They then said I would need to come down and sign on every two weeks despite them refusing to pay me any benefit, they go on about are you doing enough to find work and when you try they just put obstacles in your way to make i difficult. All I wanted was to get the JSA agreement and be able to get on the course and possibly to claim again yeah good luck with that. I sent a long letter of complaint to the manager at my local Job Centre stating all my grievances with them and the system, again receiving a half hearted pathetic letter of excuse about it being policy that you come down and sign on blah blah blah blah I yawn and switch off at this point, I have given up complaining to them they are a lost cause.

I did appeal against them saying I am not entitled to JSA, I had my appeal recently and the judge was awful I felt like she was judging me from the moment I went in and was not sympathetic to my situation despite me telling her all the problems I have had with the Job Centre, why I felt it was unfair that I had only been able to claim for 6 months in 2010 and the wayI had been treated was completely unacceptable. She said she could not change the decision made I then said well if you cannot change the decision made why are we here then having this tribunal??. She was awful and it upset me and made me feel even more angry so I sent another letter of complaint about the judge and aired my grievances, I received a letter back recently asking me to go into more detail about my complaint which made me feel angry as I told them my complaints on the first letter nevertheless I have sent it back and am awaiting a reply soon so I will keep you posted sorry for the long post but I have a lot to say about the Job Centre and Government. :)

CatsEyes4Eva
06-07-2012, 22:52
You just feel like the Job Centre are trying to blackmail you and I was not prepared to dance to their tune when they refused to help me, they tried to make life difficult for me deliberately it just makes me so angry as I was like many others who have posted on this forum desperately needing their help and I just got ignored and was sadly failed by a useless system that does not work. :)

CatsEyes4Eva
06-07-2012, 22:56
My appeal for JSA was also dismissed not shocking really, the Government don`t like people who have something to say and stand up to them and point out their faults to their faces as there are many faults made by the Government on a daily basis that the tax payer constantly foots the bill for, thanks David Cameron and the fantastic Government not. :)

CatsEyes4Eva
06-07-2012, 22:59
Sorry again about the looonnng posts it`s just a subject I feel strongly about, I hope people don`t fall asleep while reading it. :) ;)

chem1st
06-07-2012, 23:07
Hardship payments>>>>>

chem1st
06-07-2012, 23:18
The Job Centre just as much admitted when I went that if I had children it would be easier for me to claim, what does that say about their so called system??.
Feeding multiple mouths more important than feeding but one.

The first thing the advisor asked me was if I had a child or children I asked why?? why?? does that matter?? I should be entitled anyway irregardless of if I came in here pushing a pram or had a child with me that really got my back up.

If you have children you entitled to child benefits. - You need to tell them this.

They failed to tell me I was entitled to claim Working Tax Credit the advisor was very rude to me so I complained about her.
HMRC deal with WTC - system is s complicated some JC+ workers aren't even claiming what they are entitled to!

I was sick to death of being treated like this by them, a bit after I stopped receiving benefit they sent me a letter saying that JSA was taxable and I had, had £723.00 in JSA and that they would be dedudcting it from me in tax if I should find a job between the next tax period.

Standard letter, saying that income is counted as taxable income for the ENTIRE YEAR for the purposes of tax collection - unemployment basically results in you getting a tax back cheque from HRMC down the line due to reduced pro-rata earnings..

Luckily I did not as I sent them another colourfully worded complaint letter, I recieved a pathetic excuse of a reply justifying this disgusting letter since when has JSA been taxable?? I was not the only one to receive a letter like this disgusting just disgusting another showing up for David Cameron and his fantastic Britain. :loopy:

You don't pay tax on it because it's below the threshold. We do have a massive problem with EMTRs, but JSA income is below that and can only bring down your tax burden when averaged out.

I wanted to try and get on a training course recently to get back into work, so went to a local training provider who said I would need a JSA agreement to get the funding. While I was there I thought I would ask about signing on again, I was told I was not entitled to sign but I could have my NI paid, what good is that hen you are struggling to live?? I realise that it would help me when I am a pensioner if my NI is paid so I have no gaps but I stated that by the time my husband and I are pensioners with the way this country is headed there won`t be such a thing as state pension.

Pension system screwed, but might aswell get your stamp, your probably entitled to claim, ask for hardship payments for meanwhile.

They then said I would need to come down and sign on every two weeks despite them refusing to pay me any benefit, they go on about are you doing enough to find work and when you try they just put obstacles in your way to make i difficult. All I wanted was to get the JSA agreement and be able to get on the course and possibly to claim again yeah good luck with that. I sent a long letter of complaint to the manager at my local Job Centre stating all my grievances with them and the system, again receiving a half hearted pathetic letter of excuse about it being policy that you come down and sign on blah blah blah blah I yawn and switch off at this point, I have given up complaining to them they are a lost cause. You have to play the game.

I did appeal against them saying I am not entitled to JSA, I had my appeal recently and the judge was awful I felt like she was judging me from the moment I went in and was not sympathetic to my situation despite me telling her all the problems I have had with the Job Centre, why I felt it was unfair that I had only been able to claim for 6 months in 2010 and the wayI had been treated was completely unacceptable. She said she could not change the decision made I then said well if you cannot change the decision made why are we here then having this tribunal??. She was awful and it upset me and made me feel even more angry so I sent another letter of complaint about the judge and aired my grievances, I received a letter back recently asking me to go into more detail about my complaint which made me feel angry as I told them my complaints on the first letter nevertheless I have sent it back and am awaiting a reply soon so I will keep you posted sorry for the long post but I have a lot to say about the Job Centre and Government. :)

To be honest you sound like a right pain in the arse. I suggest you try being nice to people, instead of wasting your time writing letters of complaint, be more courteous and patient and avoid arguments in the first place..

If they are pressing the button every fortnight to pay your dole, you want to be friendly to them.

grafikhaus74
07-07-2012, 09:40
BEWARE JSA Claimants

Just play the game.

Have you never applied for a job where you knew you'd be struggling to meet the criteria? Both Sheffield Universities (OK, one university and the other a polytechnic) insist on a degree for just about any job they advertise.

So just apply! You know you've got no chance, but if it keeps the JC morons at bay, you've fulfilled your part of the bargain.

Yet another bunch of box-tickers who, like bank workers (all of them), politicians, etc. etc. would sell their grannie for a fiver, as long as their line-manager gives them a pat on the head.

MrSmith
07-07-2012, 10:51
Just play the game.

Have you never applied for a job where you knew you'd be struggling to meet the criteria? Both Sheffield Universities (OK, one university and the other a polytechnic) insist on a degree for just about any job they advertise.

So just apply! You know you've got no chance, but if it keeps the JC morons at bay, you've fulfilled your part of the bargain.

Yet another bunch of box-tickers who, like bank workers (all of them), politicians, etc. etc. would sell their grannie for a fiver, as long as their line-manager gives them a pat on the head.

Would it not be better to apply for jobs that they have a chance of getting, there are jobs advertised that require no qualification?

EDWOOD
07-07-2012, 11:11
This is the problem with the job centre.

The vast majority of the jobs advertised (the mythical 500,000 vacancies that IDS keeps going on about) are either part-time from 4 (!) to 16 hours a week which don't pay the bills.

Or they are for 'jobs' that are very vague which could end up being commission only sales jobs where you go door-to-door with no idea what you are going to earn (if anything).

Or the jobs are for people with specific skills - e.g. - HGV driver where you need a HGC license, Interpreter, etc.

Then there are all the other 'jobs' that are probably given to the Jobcentre by the agencies which probably don't even exist.

IF there were really the amount of real decent paying jobs out there where you could actually get on-the-job training and didn't need X number of qualifications/years of experience then the job centre wouldn't have to sanction many people at all.

The usual problem claimants always get around this though as they can play the system. The honest people who know theres no point in applying for these jobs get screwed unfortunately. :|

Bypassblade
07-07-2012, 11:39
My appeal for JSA was also dismissed not shocking really, the Government don`t like people who have something to say and stand up to them and point out their faults to their faces as there are many faults made by the Government on a daily basis that the tax payer constantly foots the bill for, thanks David Cameron and the fantastic Government not. :)

You make a point of saying "the taxpayer" so people who work for DWP & such don't pay tax, get real course they FLIPPING DO so they are also TAX PAYERS. You got sanctioned; it will be over now, & JSA will be back in payment.

So sorry you have to get off your arse, once a fortnight & sign on, oh & the pure impudence of them asking you to look for work. If you don't like the jobcentre simple, don't sign on, live without it, staff who work there DON'T MAKE THE RULES, but they are bound by them.

cardoor
07-07-2012, 11:43
Just play the game.

I do from now on, eg I've just applied to become PM!

cardoor
07-07-2012, 11:44
Would it not be better to apply for jobs that they have a chance of getting, there are jobs advertised that require no qualification?

Not really because then you don't have any money to live on.

cardoor
07-07-2012, 11:46
Hardship payments>>>>>

You don't get hardship payments or crisis loan for the first 2 weeks of any sanction.

You either have to borrow, steal or rely on food parcels.

cardoor
07-07-2012, 11:56

The vast majority of the jobs advertised (the mythical 500,000 vacancies that IDS keeps going on about) are either part-time from 4 (!) to 16 hours a week which don't pay the bills.

Or they are for 'jobs' that are very vague which could end up being commission only sales jobs where you go door-to-door with no idea what you are going to earn (if anything).

Or the jobs are for people with specific skills - e.g. - HGV driver where you need a HGC license, Interpreter, etc.

Then there are all the other 'jobs' that are probably given to the Jobcentre by the agencies which probably don't even exist.

IF there were really the amount of real decent paying jobs out there where you could actually get on-the-job training and didn't need X number of qualifications/years of experience then the job centre wouldn't have to sanction many people at all.

The usual problem claimants always get around this though as they can play the system. The honest people who know theres no point in applying for these jobs get screwed unfortunately. :|

Citizens Income is the way forward.

Have a read at the link and comments on this thread

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1008183

MrSmith
07-07-2012, 12:53
Not really because then you don't have any money to live on.

They haven't got any money to live on now so if they had a job they would have more than they have now.

cardoor
07-07-2012, 13:07
They haven't got any money to live on now so if they had a job they would have more than they have now.

I meant in relation to applying for jobs, my first priority is survival and ensuring I get JSA payment, this often means applying for the jobs my advisor tells me to which often require ESSENTIAL qualifications I don’t have.

No matter how ludicrous, time and resource wasting the exercise is, you MUST play the game or you'll loose your JSA.

MrSmith
07-07-2012, 13:13
I meant in relation to applying for jobs, my first priority is survival and ensuring I get JSA payment, this often means applying for the jobs my advisor tells me to which often require ESSENTIAL qualifications I donít have.

No matter how ludicrous, time and resource wasting the exercise is, you MUST play the game or you'll loose your JSA.

Then your adviser is clearly an idiot and should be sacked, they should be telling you to apply for jobs you stand a chance of getting, unless they are deliberately encouraging you to play the system to keep your JSA, in which case they should be prosecuted.

cardoor
07-07-2012, 13:17
Then your adviser is clearly an idiot and should be sacked, they should be telling you to apply for jobs you stand a chance of getting, unless they are deliberately encouraging you to play the system to keep your JSA, in which case they should be prosecuted.

He is an idiot and they're there to meet targets, so one tactic they use is to deliberately tell you to apply for jobs you won't because its pointless.

Another tactic they use to meet their sanction targets is go for people with dyslexia who they know will struggle with job applications.

Bypassblade
07-07-2012, 13:34
He is an idiot and they're there to meet targets, so one tactic they use is to deliberately tell you to apply for jobs you won't because its pointless.

Another tactic they use to meet their sanction targets is go for people with dyslexia who they know will struggle with job applications.

If an advisor gives you details of a job & you're not qualified, tell them you don't have the qualifications, they should not submit you to the job. You should be asked before you are submitted to any position, they just cannot do it.

Interested about sanction targets, sanctions are given to people who DON'T follow the terms of their Jsag (jobseekers agreement), they are the last resort. Sorry; but its not much to ask, for people to come in once a fortnight to sign on, and if its not too much trouble could you look for a job.

To say they target people with dyslexia, is stupid can you prove this, I mean this is direct discrimination. And just for the record it is in direct opposition to their policy on diversity & investing in people.

CatsEyes4Eva
07-07-2012, 17:40
@Chem1st I see what you are saying but the system is slightly unfair, and multiple mouths to feed do you no agree that some people bring their misery on themselves having more children they cannot afford.

I accept that sometimes people with children find themselves in a difficult situation like my husband and I have, luckily we have no children but there are others who just think the world owes them a living, I am not a pain I just don`t like being blackmailed and treated like crap by the DWP. I realise it`s the system but you have to admit some of the people at that place don`t half have an attitude on them at times, when all you want is help and support and you are genuine I know the people that work at DWP pay tax I meant anyone claiming who have never paid tax to me that is when it`s unfair as these are the people who have never contributed.

I do look for work and have been doing fo three years but they don`t make it any easier for jobseekers in my opinion, I complain as I feel I have to as nobody ever listens and you sometimes just feel like you are going round in circles with it all you just want to get your point across and air your grievances I have a right to do that it is a free country after all, and the thing about JSA being taxable to me was just absurd and completely stupid and others that I had spoken did not believe me when I told them about the letter I recieved you have to admit it`s a bit unfair and out of order.

I am always nice and polite but I speak my mind and am not afraid to say what I think, I don`t know sometimes if this is a good or a bad thing? I was perfectly polite with the people at DWP when I first started dealing with them but they really know how to push my buttons at times and sometimes it is like they are doing it deliberately. :)

cardoor
07-07-2012, 18:34
If an advisor gives you details of a job & you're not qualified, tell them you don't have the qualifications, they should not submit you to the job. You should be asked before you are submitted to any position, they just cannot do it.

Interested about sanction targets, sanctions are given to people who DON'T follow the terms of their Jsag (jobseekers agreement), they are the last resort. Sorry; but its not much to ask, for people to come in once a fortnight to sign on, and if its not too much trouble could you look for a job.

To say they target people with dyslexia, is stupid can you prove this, I mean this is direct discrimination. And just for the record it is in direct opposition to their policy on diversity & investing in people.

I currently have to attend every week due to my stage in claiming JSA.

Tried telling him Iím simply not qualified, makes no difference, he simply enters your SOC codes then selects anything and tells you to apply.

Advisors are holding the cards with targets to meet, most job centres have a 5% sanction benefit dismissal rate to achieve, the more applicants at a job centre the higher the target. Itís pressure from management and talk about saving the public purse.

I do have inside knowledge, due to postcode selected job centres such as Cavendish Court they have a high number of claimants who donít speak English as a first language, so these are also easy targets for advisors to achieve their sanction benefit dismissal target.

Other tactics advisors do is muttering, talking quickly so you donít understand them, deliberately not submitting enough information youíve told him or her about your job searching activities Ė equals sanctions and targets easily met.

Of course you can appeal but on average it will take around 4-6 weeks for a decision.

Having said all that most advisors and signing staff I have encountered up until now have been great.

JackLakeland
07-07-2012, 21:46
When dealing with jsa you're better off saying you sent a CV and had no reply, left a message on the phone or applied online, whatever the required method was. They don't check up, they haven't got time. Even if they did the company involved wouldn't have the time either...

Of course you should apply for suitable jobs though..

Just lie, pretend you're a politician or a banker for a mo..

Mummytwo
08-07-2012, 00:02
The problem is there are many people who genuinely do apply for jobs and send off their CV's and get no reply, but there are also many people who lie about doing so in such a way they make themselves a bit too obvious. Therefore the staff tend to tar everyone with the same brush. I also think they judge on their appearence, for example if a guy comes in dressed neatly or semi-smart they would expect him to be a decent citizen genuinely looking for a job, even though he may only wear those clothes to attend signing on days to give this impression whereas he spends his money on gambling or alcohol and drugs. Then in comes a guy wearing sports wear as he finds it more comfortable but other than this has no chav characterists and is polite, genuinely looking for a job to provide for not only himself but for his family, therefore explains that some jobs do not have enough hours to provide a suitable pay. They then see this guy as trying to get out of looking for a job and stop his claim. They just don't see the logic. For example both he and his girlfriend and children live separately both on benefits, he wants to provide for the whole family so that they can afford to rent a nice family home and have food on the table without relying on benefits. By helping him get a full time job that provides enough pay to provide for his family they remove two people from benefits rather than just one.

grafikhaus74
08-07-2012, 09:34

Completely disagree. Here's (http://www.jobstoday.co.uk/job/apprenticeship-sales-officer-telesales-943205211?src=search) a good job! :hihi::hihi::hihi: