Bleeding and cramps during pregnancy.

hi all, ive come on here for some advice really and hopefully read some great outcomes if simular has happened to you during your pregnancy but you have gone on to having a healthy baby....

im 11 weeks 5 days, yesterday i started with brown spotting, then it went pink then last night and this morning its gone bright red with small clots, im having really bad cramping...almost like contractions.

i phoned my midwife and she said that on sundays and bank holidays theres no scanning available and that i must wait for my 12 weeks scan on friday, unless my bleed starts to get really really bad...

im going mad with worry, i dare not go for a wee incase something horrible happens, we all love this baby so much already and i really dont want to say good bye, i would break our hearts,

have you expierenced something alike this or should i accept the inevatable.

please dont pussy foot around me, if you have had the same and gone on to misscarry, i would like to know what happened if you dont mind sharing. xx

Bleeding in early pregnancy is VERY common and in a high percentage of pregnancies this bleeding causes NO problems for the baby. My friend bleed throughout her first trimester and has healthy twins. However umfortunately in some cases bleeding with pain can be a sign something is wrong. I HOPE NOT! I would go to G1 at the Hallamshire as soon as they open on wednesday and ask for an emergency scan. Sod waiting while friday love! G1 (early pregnancy units) telephone number is 226 8367 phone today and ward G2 will pick the calls up. I have a feeling they might even be open tomorrow even though its a bank holiday again. Phone and check and GOOD LUCK!

Hi,

It probably wont help you too much but I've had that twice in two pregnancies. One I did go on to miscarry and the other is now a crazy 4yr old.

I can imagine and sympathise with the worry I'm sure you're feeling. If you are still cramping and bleeding on Wed ask to be seen by the early pregnancy unit at the hallamshire. I had several early scans second time. It turns out I have a spot on my cervix that means I bleed through pregnancy.

I bled on and off all the way through with my 4 year old and I panicked every time.

I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope that it's nothing to worry about.

you need to go to Jessops. just turn up, they have an emergency obstetric service, they will see to you. Good luck

you need to go to Jessops. just turn up, they have an emergency obstetric service, they will see to you. Good luck

Jessops dont see people that early on. Hence the early pregnancy unit on G1 at the Hallamshire.

I wouldn't wait, personally, and would go to Jessops. Bleeding in early pregnancy is common but if you are passing clots and experiencing cramps, I would get seen immediately. Good luck.

thanks everyone for your replies, i cannot go to jessops as im not 20 weeks yet, i had a emergency scan at 8 week at g1 ward because i was getting some cramps then but no bleeding, they found the heartbeat then and baby was fine, i phoned them up several times and under no circumstances will they see me unless im bleeding heavily, if that happens i have to go to a and e and then and only then could they see me once the doctor at the a and e referrs me!

its a complete joke! im so worried...

I wouldn't wait, personally, and would go to Jessops. Bleeding in early pregnancy is common but if you are passing clots and experiencing cramps, I would get seen immediately. Good luck.

not really big clots, only small ones. x

thanks everyone for your replies, i cannot go to jessops as im not 20 weeks yet, i had a emergency scan at 8 week at g1 ward because i was getting some cramps then but no bleeding, they found the heartbeat then and baby was fine, i phoned them up several times and under no circumstances will they see me unless im bleeding heavily, if that happens i have to go to a and e and then and only then could they see me once the doctor at the a and e referrs me!

This seems so wrong. Where has patient care gone to? At one time that's what a maternity hospital was for - to care throughout pregnancy not just from some special number of weeks.

Do hope all works out okay for you

You poor thing, it is a worrying thing to happen. I had mild cramps in the first trimester with both of mine but was told that that was the uterus stretching. I don't know what to suggest other than bed rest and monitor the situation. Are you still bleeding? Sometimes mild bleeding can occur after intercourse because the cervix is softer during pregnancy. Nothing will stop you worrying but I have to say it sucks not being able to be seen.

My OH had some light spotting of blood/bleeding in early pregnancy with both our kids. Once was on a Saturday, even though we were worried sick and desperate to know if all was ok, we had rang NHS Direct then had to wait until Monday for a GP appointment and then later in the week for a scan at the Hallamshire. It was explained both times as resulting from the embryonic sack attaching itself or embedding with the lining of the womb and is quite common apparently.

the bleeding has just got worse and the pain is so bad...i think its over :(

going to go to a and e, even though i think its pointless because even if they do refer me to epau i will not be given a scan till wednesday! so basically i will just be laid in bed if they admit me...i can do that at home and go wednesday morning to ensure a scan.

when i phoned my gp he wasnt really bothered about the baby at all, he just said if the bleeding gets really heavy go to a and e, when i asked why a and e and not epau, he said to save your own life if you lose too much blood!

so im going to wait till wednesday, if the bleeding gets so bad i will go to a and e xx